Thursday, April 16, 2020

28A - Your Exit Strategy



 For my exit strategy, I plan to sell my business/product within the next year or two.  Ideally for me personally, it is not something that I would want to continue on pursuing myself, but rather would sell it in hopes that someone would continue the service.  I think that the idea is a great concept that can be very useful for many cities.

I have selected this particular exit strategy, because I am leaving the Gainesville area, and as of right now this service is just being provided to this target market. 

I think that in building up this product/service I had in mind that I would theoretically eventually sell the business and that definitely influenced the way I identified my opportunities.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kayla,
    I agree with how you evaluated your exit strategy. I don't think straws should take up your whole life, but with the knowledge you've gained form this initial business, maybe you could also innovate a different tool from the restaurant/kitchen industry. I can definitely see big corporations or popular chains restaurant or department stores potentially purchasing your company. Good job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kayla, I appreciate your honesty in admitting you do not plan on pursuing the products longevity longterm. Rather you will choose to sell the business hopefully to someone who can carry on the torch with passion and guile and ultimately take the next step. I agree with you in that I believe that your product can be a great success in a large market, not just that of Gainesville. Nice post.

    Mark C

    ReplyDelete