Friday, April 10, 2020

25A - What's Next?


Existing Market:
I think that what’s next in terms of my product is providing the packaged service such as providing all restaurants with both a paper version and an eco-friendly plastic version.  With creating a company that sells both options, the market would be more interested. Providing for the needs of everyone in the situation at hand is important, and I think this solution will do just that.  In terms of growing my market, becoming well known in the Gainesville community as a resource that provides bundle packages of eco-friendly and paper straws for restaurants and having a recognizable brand will help bring awareness and reputation.


New Market:
The new market that I would target would be another city like Gainesville. These people may not be aware of the different options, and by introducing the product to them could be successful.  My new market area that I would pick next would be the Tampa area. It’s bigger than Gainesville, but I think that with the new and up and coming city its becoming, the audience would like the product.  Lots of people in the area are advocates for being sustainable, and this option would benefit the city.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kayla,

    Great job! It is very interesting to learn about your existing market, it is wonderful to be able to induce restaurants with a paper version and an ecological plastic version because it is necessary to change the ways of our daily lives for a better future for the planet and the health of human beings. Your business idea will be an option to benefit everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kayla, great post. For your existing market, I liked the idea of having the option available to the purchaser for the paper version along with the eco-friendlier plastic version. Having alternatives gives you a larger base to tap in to as not every customer will want a uniform item as you wrote in your post. Being located somewhere like Gainesville gives you a large advantage as there are many local and smaller businesses. This was word spreads that you care about your business and who you work with and sell to which can be beneficial somewhere word travels fast. Nice post.

    Mark C

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kayla,
    I liked how your post was clear and to the point. I think improving your packaging will also help improve the image of your company. I like how you are planning to slowly expand your company from the Gainesville area. I think you made a good choice with Tampa for your expansion, it is very reasonable. Good Job.

    ReplyDelete